Friday, May 24, 2013

Charles Ramsey: "I am so sick of burgers."

"Local hero and burger enthusiast Charles Ramsey will never have to pay for a beef patty in Cleveland again, thanks to a special free burger card good at more than a dozen area restaurants. Ramsey became a national sensation this month after giving helping free Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight earlier in May.  "I heard screaming," Ramsey told reporters after the rescue on May 6. "I'm eating my McDonald's, I come outside, I see this girl going nuts trying to get out of her house. So I go on the porch and she says, ‘Help me get out, I’ve been here a long time.'" The Internet quickly latched onto Ramsey's McDonald's detail, and the fast food chain was soon swamped by people asking the company to honor the burger-loving neighbor.  While he has said he would give any reward money back to the victims, restaurants in and around Cleveland have signed on to provide Ramsey with burgers whenever he wishes, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer." - Huffington Post

You ever think to yourself, "Man, if I could eat just one food for the rest of my life, this would be it"?

Well, be careful what you wish for.

So after I saved those women - it was no big deal, really, I was just doing what anybody would've done - someone got on the Internet and said, "Hey, why don't we see to it Ramsey never has to buy another burger again?"  When they asked me if I wanted any reward money, I just said give it to the victims, which I guess is why people went with the burger thing.  Now I'm starting to rethink my answer.  Not that I expect any money for just doing what any decent person would do, but for the love of God.

I am so sick of hamburgers.

Now you might say, "Well, Charles, if you don't like burgers so much, take a break from them.  Eat something else for a change."

I wish it was that easy.

Everybody knows me now, and they know about the burger deal, so they're constantly after me, "Hey, Chuck, why don't you go get a free hamburger, you deserve it!"  "Go get a burger, Chuck!"  "Burger, burger, burger!  Eat a burger!"

If I go in a restaurant, they bring me a burger before I can even look at the menu.  God, what I'd give for a nice salad.  The other day I tried to outsmart them.  I asked for the cordon bleu burger, but without the bun, pickle, tomato, ketchup, or mustard.  Hold the fries.  But the waiter said, "But without that, it's just plain cordon bleu."  So he brought me a burger.  I went to Chic-Fil-A, and the manager said, "What are you doing here, Chuck!  Go get yourself a burger!"  He was nice as he could be, but he wouldn't serve me.  He said he didn't want a hero like me to get taken advantage of.

I wish this whole thing would die down.  I mean, the attention was nice and all, and I'm grateful to everyone, but I just wish my life could get back to normal.

I am so sick of burgers.