Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Snappy Comebacks for Jeff Zwelling

Jeff Zwelling, CEO and cofounder of Convertro, a provider of marketing and advertising measurement, says he often turns to unique, and sometimes tricky, questions during job interviews so that he can get a better sense of who the candidate is.  For example, in the middle of the conversation, he often throws in this curveball math question: A hammer and a nail cost $1.10, and the hammer costs one dollar more than the nail. How much does the nail cost? - Jaquelyn Smith, Business Insider:
I think you have much bigger problems if you buy nails one at a time.
Good question.  Now here's one for you.  If there are four billion pompous assholes on the planet, and I kill one right now, how many would be left?
Ooh goody!  A job solving third-grade math problems.  I thought I'd have to work.
Is this a sneaky way of finding out if I'm gay?
My last job interview they asked me what kind of animal I'd like to be.
I've been unemployed for the last year and I'm willing to work for anyone.  But you.