Friday, May 30, 2014

Busy Days Ahead

It just so happened I'd spent the morning staging
Julius Caesar with a sock puppet.
As a teacher, I just finished up the school year this week.  I don't report for work again until August.  I don't want to make a fuss, but sometimes I think Nancy imagines all I do in the summer is goof off.  Nothing could be further from the truth!  In fact, as a Creative Genius, summer is my busiest time.
"What are you doing?" she asked the other morning, in a tone dripping with insinuation that I might not be doing anything.

I was stung, because it just so happened I'd spent the entire morning staging a performance of Julius Caesar with a sock puppet.  (See yesterday's post.)  

Why, just this morning I spent forty minutes staring at the computer screen.  This is indispensable when it comes to gathering fodder for my work.  On Facebook alone I took two personality tests to discover What Breakfast Cereal I am (All Bran) and What Animal I Will Come Back as in Next Life.  (Koala.  Yay!)  I watched a video of a dog chasing its tail set to Mozart   I read a very interesting article about how I might be doing Pilates incorrectly.  I never do Pilates, but if the occasion ever arises, I won't make the common mistakes so many others do.  And yet as busy as I am, I still made time for others; I wished someone a happy birthday! (I always add the exclamation mark.  I think it makes it more sincere.) and I "liked" three other posts.

With all this, I fear, Nancy thinks I'm idling the day away.

How can I enjoy my afternoon nap with her judging me?