Saturday, March 01, 2014

The Dog Speaks

Is there something you'd like me to say?  I mean, not that you would be, but maybe there's something about me you've always been curious about, that you always wanted to know.  Is there  something you feel needs saying, specifically needs saying from me?  Because if there is, just let me know and I'll be happy to be the one to say it.

Frankly, though, I'd much rather talk about you.  If you're comfortable with that, I mean.  If that's something you'd like.  Is it something you'd like?  You can sit there in your armchair telling me about yourself and I can just listen.  Yes, I'm perfectly happy here on the floor. No, really.  It's quite comfortable.  But you were just about to tell me something about yourself.

I don't care.  Whatever you want to talk about.  Sometimes people just need to talk, don't they?  Maybe you've got a problem you'd like to air.  Something worrying you.  It might help to talk, but it can be about anything at all.  You can just go "blah, blah, blah," and that'll be fine.  Really, I just like the sound of your voice.  You really have a great voice.  I could listen to it all day.

And if you wanted to, and I'm not saying you have to, but if you'd like to, from time to time you could scratch the spot at the base of my tail, that makes my leg to do thing.  I'd be totally okay with that, too.