Wednesday, February 12, 2014

You Can't Always Get What You Want

For Some Reason, The More I Try to
Draw Mick Jagger More, The More
He Looks Like Mick Jagger Less
I was listening to the old Rolling Stones song the other day, "You Can't Always Get What You Want," and you know, it's true.  For example, I want a private jet.  Can I get it?  No way!  Also, I want some chocolate covered cherries.  I can't get those either.  Well, I could get them, but I'd have to drive to the store.  That would mean I'd have to put on pants.

That Mick Jagger was pretty smart coming up with a song like that, because as far as I can make out, he always go what he wanted.  For example, Bianca.  Wanted her.  Got her.  Bam.  Then he wanted Jerry Hall.  Got her too.  Bam.  Then he wanted a hundred million.  Got that.  Bam.  Two hundred more million.  Got it.  Double Bam.  Other people, though, they didn't always get what they want. Like, I bet Jerry Hall wanted to be called something else than that stupid boy's name that sounds like a game show host.  But did she get it?  No, she did not.  Anti-Bam.

Of course, you can't always get what you don't what either, but Mick didn't think of that.  Like I definitely don't want to be abducted and anally probed by aliens.  And I'm not going to get it, either.  I don't want Dutch Elm disease, and I won't get that.

There's also things that I don't want and I don't not want either, but I still won't be able to get.  Like a refrigerator with a window on it so I can check if the light goes out when I close the door.  I don't want something like that, but getting it wouldn't ruin my life, either.  I'd be like, meh.  So that's something in the category of things I don't really care about one way or the other, but I'm still not going to get.

Mick Jagger should rewrite the lyrics:

You can't always get what you want,
You also can't always get what you don't want,
And you can't always get what you don't particularly care about one way or the other,
But if you try some times, you just might find
You get what you need!

But will he?  No.