Monday, February 10, 2014

Paul's Final Letter to the Corinthians

Dear Corinthians,

How are you?  I am fine.  The weather here in Damascus is nice, but a little dry.  They say there'll be rain soon, but I don't know.  How is the weather in Corinth?

I have written you two letters and still have not heard back from you.  Is something wrong?  Frankly, my feelings are a little hurt.  It doesn't have to be a long letter, just a postcard would be nice.  I wrote just one letter to the Galatians, and now they write me all the time.  Just the other day, in fact, I got a really nice birthday card from the Galatians.  I bet you didn't even know it was my birthday, did you?  You would have if you wrote more often.  I work my fingers down to the knuckles writing these wonderful long letters and I don't hear word one back from you.

I am sure none of your friends get such nice letters as you do.  I bet they wish they had someone like me who would take time out of his busy day to write.  I showed the letters I'd written to my friend Timothy before I sent them.  He said they were very nice letters.

Maybe you don't mean any harm, but letter-writing is a two-way street.  It doesn't work if one side does all the writing and the other side never writes at all.  Giving a reply is just common courtesy, is all.  Well, that's it.  If you don't send an answer back this time, don't expect any more letters from me.

Yours Truly,

Paul the Apostle