Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Disappointment

You try to act like it doesn't hurt.
But it does.  It hurts.
I know it's 2014 already, and I know I should have gotten over it by now, but I just can't.

I wanted to be president.

Oh, I knew I wasn't going to win really, I didn't expect to win, I just wanted to put in a decent showing.  I figured I'd least come in second.  You know how many votes I got?  None.

Every time I think about it, I die a little bit inside.

If I'd voted for myself as a write-in, I'd have gotten at least one vote, but that just seemed... I don't know... pushy.  But I thought surely some of my friends would have voted for me.  No, I didn't ask them to - there's some things you expect people to know without being told.  You expect them to understand.  You expect your friends to understand.  Thanks a lot, friends.

The thing is, I tried so hard.  Like, you know how Mitt Romney made that comment about 47% percent of the population.  Well, I never made a comment like that.  You'd think at least a few of that 47% would have voted for me, but did they?  No.

And I'm not saying I wanted to win, just come in second.  I didn't even come in third.  I didn't even place.  I don't mind being beaten by Barack Obama.  It's okay.  But I was beaten by Mitt Romney.

You try to act like it doesn't hurt, but it does.  It hurts.