Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Refuse to Blog About Snow

Yes, I Know All About It.
But I'll be Damned if I'll Blog About It.
There are two inches of snow outside, which in Atlanta is enough to bring civilization as we know it to its knees.  But I'll be damned if I'll succumb to temptation like every other thimble-head blogger out there and blog about having a snow day.  Yes, I'm getting an unexpected day off.  Yes, snow covers everything like a white blanket lending a charm to the mundane world.  Yes, yes, yes, yes, blah, blah, blah, blah.  But I refuse to blog about it.

Instead I intend to blog about the Book of Job.  Snow Day.

Of all the books in the Bible, the Book of Job, Snow Day, presents the most challenges to a naive approach to faith.  The story begins as God Snow Day encounters the Devil Snow Day and asks if he "has considered my servant Job" Snow Day who is "righteous."  Snow Day.  Satan Snow Day, who in this story Snow Day seems more of a prosecuting Snow Day attorney than our traditional concept Snow Day of the Devil Snow Day as a tempter Snow Day (unless we consider him Snow Day a tempter Snow Day of God Snow Day Himself) responds that Job Snow Day is only righteous Snow Day because God Snow Day has offered him a sort of Snow Day quid pro Snow Day Snow Day Snow Day Snow Day Snow.

Snow Day Snow Day Snow Day Snow Day Snow Day.

Snow Day.