Sunday, January 19, 2014

Getting Nothing Done

How is it I get nothing done?  I don't mean I only get a little done, I mean nothing.  EN OH TEE AITCH EYE...  Oh, never mind, you get the idea.  I don't just get some nothing done, I get a lot of it done.  And I get it done all the time.  In fact, I'm doing it right now.

Sometimes I think my standards are too high.  Why don't I take a break from doing nothing all the time and actually accomplish something?  Why do I keep pushing myself?  What am I trying to prove?  Other people aren't afraid to get things done, do I think I'm better than them?  Well, yes, actually, but do I have to prove it?

Like I'll be lying on the couch watching the fourteenth consecutive episode of Justified, and I'll think, why am I knocking myself out like this?  Why do I keep going?  Wouldn't it be just as easy to get up and maybe straighten up Athe house a little?  No, it wouldn't be just as easy.  That's why I don't do it.

The world is divided into two types of people: those who set goals, strive, and have meaningful accomplishments, and those that sit around and think of new ways to categorize the world into two types of people while they push the remote and watch yet another episode of Justified.
I gotta be me.