Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall

Fall is the Time for My Favorite Activity of All: Sleeping
I know we're not supposed to play favorites, but I've always had a special fondness for Fall.  Winter, let's face it, at least in Georgia, is enough to make one well nigh to an atheist.  Winters here are not picturesque: there are no snowy hillsides or ice-skating in the park.  Nope, it's just rain and muck.  Summer is the sort of season you look forward to more than you actually enjoy.  Somewhere around late July or early August, when puddles of sweat gather in the region of your fanny crack, you think to yourself, "This is what I was waiting for all year?"  Spring is nice, and probably when Spring comes I'll say that's my favorite, what with the dogwoods and azaleas coming into bloom.  But the mosquitoes come into bloom at the same time.

No, Fall is definitely my favorite.

Fall is the perfect time for my favorite activity: sleeping.  Is there a better time than a cool Fall morning to wake up, wait a few minutes in the darkness, close your eyes and go back to sleep?  It is heaven, I tell you.  Of course, I am a past-master at sleeping.  Some people just don't have the knack for it, but take it from me: when it comes to good sleeping weather, you can't beat Fall.

Fall is also the time when we set our clocks back, giving us an extra hour of glorious, dulcet sleep.
Yes, Fall is definitely best.