Monday, July 29, 2013

Chicago Selfies

I type this in the comfort of my own sun room, having just returned from Chicago.  Also returning with me are various "selfies," photos Nancy took with her cell phone of the two of us at various scenic spots around the windy city.  The only problem with such pictures is they all look the same: two grinning faces in the foreground, one of which at first glance seems to be a flesh-colored balloon.  In the background are skyscrapers or water fountains or what-have-you.  It occurs to me an unscrupulous person could crop out the background and insert any scene he chose, giving the impression the people in the photo lead much more interesting lives than they actually do.  Not that I would ever do such a thing.
Here we are on the surface of the sun!  10 Million
Degrees in the shade!  But it's dry heat.

"Where the hell are we?"  That's right!
Wish you were here!  (lol)

Can you believe we made it to the top of
Mount Everest?  I'm so hungry, I could eat a sherpa!


Now we're on the moon!
Hey, Ken, I can see your house from here!