Friday, May 10, 2013

Home "Alone"

As much as I love my wife, I must confess I do enjoy the times she's gone and I have the house to myself.  I miss her, of course, but I've always enjoyed my own company, so I don't mind being alone.

And, to make sure I don't get too lonely, Nancy always leaves me with one or two little reminders before she goes.

"Do you mind picking up the  dry cleaning?"

"No problem."

"Oh, and return the library books.  They're in a bag by the door."

"Got it."

"And we're out of dish detergent and we need some bleach cleaner."

"I'll pick some up."

"And do you think you could plant those knock-out roses?"

"Check."

"And don't forget Zoe's ear-drops."

"I won't."

"And the check for the plumber and the cleaner."

"I'll take care of that, too."

"And there's a bag of compost in the carport, could you bury it?"

"Okey-doke."

So now I have a little list: dry cleaning, library books, dish detergent, bleach cleaner, ear drops, plumber and cleaner, compost.

It's almost like having her here.