Monday, February 01, 2010

Using the Computer To Promote Your Book

How many different ways can you think of to use your computer to promote your book?
We've all heard about blogs, and websites, and Facebook, but what are the most creative and effective ways you can think of to employ these to get the message out?
Here's one I'm using.  I've been working on the address book I will use to announce Paradise Dogs in Spring, 2011.  I'm transferring all the mailing addresses I can lay hands on into an Excel Spreadsheet.  (As a member of a church, a teacher in a fairly large school, and a general social butterfly, it turns out I have quite a few of these.)  I can then use Excel to sort the addresses by zipcode, so when I appear at a specific venue - A Capella Books in Atlanta, for example - I can send postcards announcing the event specifically to those people who live close by.
So - writers out there, what ways can you think of?